On Monday, June 1st the Warsaw High Athletic Department started off-season summer workouts for all high school athletes.
Our custodial staff, administration, coaches, and health department have worked together to insure that social distancing guidelines are being followed.
Some of the major adjustments that have been made are...
- Moving the weight room and training facility into both our Middle School gyms to allow more spacing.
- Dividing groups by grade level. Starting every 30 minutes.
- Before signing in, all student athletes' temperatures are taken to ensure they are under 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Disinfecting equipment and hands after each use. This is monitored by 2-3 coaches per station
- Providing individual water bottles for every student athlete that does not bring their own.
As parents we ask that you keep your child at home if...
- Your student or someone in their household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Your student athlete has had a fever of 100.0 within the last 72 hours.
Signs and Symptoms that we can all work on together to monitor are...
- Fever, Coughing, Sore Throat, Shortness of Breath, Trouble Breathing, Chills, Muscle Pain, New Loss of Taste or Smell, Headache
We will not be having any team camps or open gyms during the month of June. Moving forward we hope to be able to start these in July.
As always your student's health and safety is our #1 concern and priority. By all of us working together we will help to keep our community safe and return to normal sooner than later.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the High School front office @ 660-438-7351.